LightBlog

mardi 31 mars 2015

[Q] Unauthorised message sent from Whatsapp

Something odd happened today with Whatsapp and I just wanted to report it in case it also happens to anyone else or anyone can shed light on it.



I left the house today at 8.45am to go to work. I cycle to work and so I had the phone in my bag . The phone was on the home screen before I turned off the screen and put it in my bag. I didn't get the phone out of my bag until 9.30am. However, when I checked my Whatsapp, I noticed there was a message containing a single smiley face to one of my contacts (they happened to be the contact at the top of the list as they were the last one I contacted legitimately). There's no way the phone would have accidentally sent that in my bag because of the way the phone was placed in the bag, there is nothing else in the pocket. Even if it was accidental, the presses would have had to turn on the phone, go launch Whatsapp, click the top contact, enter a smiley face message, press send and then press the home button to get back to the home screen before the phone switching off (or timing out). That's near impossible for it to do that.



I have the Nexus 5 phone. It's using Android 5.0.1 and I have the latest Whatsapp application with the new Whatsapp calling feature. I also use Whatsapp via the web using my Home and Work PC (both of which I have sole access to and both of which were turned off). I also checked my phone settings to see what computers were connected to my Whatsapp app, and it confirmed that only those two computers had access (I removed access to all PCs anyway and re-added my work PC).



Any ideas or thoughts?





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1adPNK6

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire